Thursday, March 25, 2010

water, cardamom, cinnamon

Anyway,

I was just thinking about how we could
*
I mean, water is free isn’t it? Even if you’re not sure about
*
What I mean to say is, we could just grab a glass of water together and
*
I was just thinking, what will we lose if we got together and enjoyed some
*
You know, I’ve been feeling like maybe
*
You see, maybe we’re not that different just like
*
Well, I’ve always thought of you as a spice, something sweet, something
*
Actually, I don’t know many spices but
*
Yeah, so, you might remind me of
*
Hey, so, I had pumpkin pie the other day and I could really taste
*
I guess cinnamon is what it is, what you
*
No, I don’t usually get coffee but the other day I had a cinnamon
*
I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of it before but
*
It’s strange, the other day I
*
I’ve been thinking, and in a personality quiz thing I might describe myself as
*
Have you ever heard of cardamom? It’s a spice and
*
Cardamom can be used in cooking, for sweet dishes, it’s really
*
Funny how similar two spices can be huh?

-----
please please please give me feedback on this one. perfectly honest and brutal feedback.

2 comments:

  1. like it, particulary the rythm...huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one tiny little quibble; in the last line I'd like a comma before 'huh' just to give that little breath and sense of rhythm. So honest and forthcoming. I like it.

    ReplyDelete