Sunday, September 18, 2011

guess who's back

I haven't written for so long I actually sort of forgot my blog address and it took me awhile to orientate myself.
Have decided to start a list of Whimsical Projects that I think about when I'm cutting up cardboard at work

Idea #1: Pictures of broken things found randomly in the street
(the most interesting one that i've seen was a broken onion... how is that even possible one might ask? I have no idea, it was shredded and cut up in this pile by the sidewalk.)

Idea #2: Start a boring metal accessories supplies website (like carpentry things, or hooks, small metal pieces etc.)
When people ask for images of these pieces they can choose between: impressionist, surrealist, abstract, watercolor, etc.

Initial Idea #3: Construct graphs of movies to indicate where the most exciting/engaging moments were with a timeline on the x-axis (indicating specific events in the film) and the level of interest of the Y axis
Apparently this already exists in a software that cinema people use (so informed by Darkie) - sad.

That's it for now! If anyone thinks of anything to add to the list, feel free to let me know !

I just trolled a discussion on the T & Co. commercial that you can find here: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1421107812847
or here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apX4Dog-OAU

It's filled with comments (the fb version) of how beautiful and romantic etc the commercial is...
My comment:
this commercial sort of makes me sick with how fake it is. what kind of lies are they selling? does buying ridiculously expensive jewelry for someone mean you really love the person? maybe you're just rich...? plus, new york is a lot more ...than a fountain, a carousel, a street and a tiffany's store. the commercial reduces it to a pretty setting. and let's not even talk about the massacre of the breakfast at tiffany's film...

ok, not so mature. i didn't feel like writing an epic analysis for this yet (i will have to soon for the mémoire) but oh dear, i'm such a grouch! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment